Unique Features of Stowers Magnet School of International Studies:
We are an award winning International Baccalaureate World School offering the Primary Years Program for grades TK-6.
All students will:
- Learn communication skills and culture in Mandarin.
- Learn about International Mindedness using an International curriculum.
- Focus on the attributes and attitudes we want our students to demonstrate by using the IB Learner Profile.
- Our school will focus on creating a meaning of what is it to be internationally minded. Students will study different cultures, customs, and gain a better understanding of the world around us.
- All students have access to use laptops and/or iPads during class time.
- We will host an International Festival annually where each grade level choses a country of focus by displaying a sample of its music, clothing, food, education, hobbies, and art/craft. to name a few.
- All grades will create and host an Exhibition that provides an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the IB learner profile that have been developing throughout their studies with the IB Units of Inquiry.