Unique Features of Stowers Magnet School of International Studies:
We are an award winning International Baccalaureate World School offering the Primary Years Program for grades K-6.
All students will:
- Learn the basic communication skills in the Spanish language.
- Use worldwide communications such as email, video conferencing, video broadcasting, and joint projects with countries such as China, Korea, India, Germany, Africa, Indonesia, and more.
- Learn about International Mindedness using an International curriculum.
- Focus on the behaviors and attitudes we want our students to demonstrate by using the IB Learner Profiles and Attitudes.
- Our school will focus on creating a meaning of what is it to be internationally minded. Students will study different cultures, customs, and gain a better understanding of the world around us.
- All students will use the computer lab.
- ELMO and LCD Projectors in every classroom.
- All students have access to use laptops and IPADs during class time as we transition closer to a two students for every computer.
- We will host an International Festival annually where each grade level choses a country to respresent by displaying a sample of its music, clothing, food, education, hobbies, and art/craft. to name a few.
- All grades will create and host an Exhibition that provides an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the IB learner profile that have been developing throughout their studies with the IB Units of Inquiry.